Camex Civil has quickly become one of the leading civil contractors in the Taupo area, with many flagship projects and a strong forward pipeline of work. We now have the opportunity for an experienced 3-Waters Project Manager to join our passionate local team.
About the Role
This role will suit Project Managers who are looking to expand their opportunities within a fast growing organisation. The work is varied and challenging within a great team environment.
In this role you will:
- Be accountable for resource management on assigned projects to ensure on time delivery within agreed costs.
- Ensure technical specifications are adhered to, and provide analysis and reporting on Quality Assurance data.
- Maintain financial control through tracking job costings and supporting the project claims process.
- Provide excellent, proactive service to clients and liaise with key stakeholders.
- Ensure H&S and Environmental Control plans are maintained and abided by.
- Manage, support and mentor staff to strengthen the capabilities of the Operations Team.
Who We Need
- Experience as a Project Manager in the New Zealand civil industry with a strong background in water and wastewater projects.
- A diploma in Civil Engineering, or other relevant tertiary degree, is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to interpret, New Zealand contractual standards, specifically 3910.
- A sound understanding of HS&E legislation and best practice.
- Strong contractual and commercial acumen, with the ability to develop and use construction programmes to minimise risk.
- Innovative approach to onsite problem solving.
- Excellent communication and client management skills.
- Strong team management capabilities with the ability to lead and motivate reporting staff.
About Camex Civil
As one of the Central North Island’s leading civil contractors, we are experts in large scale earthworks, civil siteworks, 3-Waters infrastructure, process plant upgrades and subdivisions.
With our team, you will gain exposure to a broad variety of interesting projects and be provided the opportunity to further your personal development.
This all happens with the support of a great team culture in an organisation that values, supports and listens to its people. Providing great reward, training and competitive rates.
We are proud of having a culture where people enjoy coming to work everyday, because they know they are valued by the team and supported by great people. We believe in:
Respect, Integrity, Passion, Proactiveness, Excellence & Dedication.
A few of the great things we have going include:
- A monthly staff breakfast.
- ‘Site of the Month’ where we recognize and reward our top teams.
- Personal wellbeing and development programmes.
- Social events, and more! Our staff regularly go together to events like rugby, motor racing and fishing tournaments.
We support training in many forms, from in-house mentoring to external courses. If you are interested in further qualification and training, we will help you get there and support you every step of the way.
If we are the team you want to be a part of, Apply Now!
- At this time, we are only considering applications from candidates with current right to live and work in New Zealand.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.